now that I'm older I have a few things that I wish I had done. (more than a few to be honest) I'd like to tell you to slow down and enjoy life a bit. have a camera and don't be shy about using it. I know that today is it much easier to do than back in my day but when you and you friends are hanging out take those pictures. I have 0 pictures of me and my buddies hanging out of Saturday nights just having a great time being young and enjoying life. trust me those will be important to you years down the road.
the 2nd thing is that to take the time to enjoy your grandparents if they are still alive. don't think it is uncool to take them out for lunch. don't think it is uncool to be seen with them and by all means talk to them. ask questions about their life. as I've gotten older I have come to realise just how much grandparents love totaly the grandkids but that is almost never returned 1/10 as much. grandkids are either too young to appreciate it or are "too cool" to have to deal with grandparents. by the time you have matured enough to appreciate these people time is way too short or has gone from your grasp.
just a couple things to think about so when you get a little long in life you can look back and not "wish I had" these 2 things.
and by the way, becoming a parent you finally know that there is NO WAY a child can ever love a parent as much as a Parent loves a child. it just is amazing how that is. I love my parents but after becoming a dad I know I could never love them as much as they love me. I know my daughter will love me but never as much as I love her.





Bookmarks